- To provide optimum added value to our customers and together with them achieve growth
- To create sustainable shareholder value through business growth
- To provide a challenging and professionally rewarding work environment for our dedicated employees
SMFG’s Definition of CSR
In the conduct of its business activities, SMFG fulfills its social responsibilities by contributing to the sustainable development of society as a whole through offering higher added value to (i) customers, (ii) shareholders and the market, (iii) the environment and society, and (iv) employees.
Common SMFG CSR Philosophy: Business Ethics
- I. Satisfactory Customer Services
- We intend to be a financial services group that has the complete trust and support of our customers. For this purpose, we will always provide services that meet the true needs of our customers to assure their satisfaction and earn confidence in the Group.
- II. Sound Management
- We intend to be a financial services group that maintains fair, transparent, and sound management based on the principle of self-responsibility. For this purpose, along with earning the firm confidence of our shareholders, our customers, and the general public, we take a long-term view of our business and operate it efficiently, and actively disclose accurate business information about the Group. Through these activities, we work to maintain continued growth based on a sound financial position.
- III. Contributing to Social Development
- We intend to be a financial services group that contributes to the healthy development of society. For this purpose, we recognize the importance of our mission to serve as a crucial part of the public infrastructure and also our social responsibilities. With such recognition, we undertake business operations that contribute to the steady development of Japan and the rest of the world, and endeavor, as a good corporate citizen, to make a positive contribution to society.
- IV. Free and Active Business Environment
- We intend to be a financial services group for which all officers and employees work with pride and commitment. For this purpose, we respect people and develop employees with extensive professional knowledge and capabilities, thereby creating a free and active business environment.
- V. Compliance
- We intend to be a financial services group that always keeps in mind the importance of compliance. For this purpose, we reflect our awareness of Business Ethics in our business activities at all times. In addition, we respond promptly to directives from auditors and inspectors. Through these actions, we observe all laws and regulations, and uphold moral standards in our business practices.